Friday, March 17, 2017

"Levant" sandwich

When I've found Muhammara, as one of the ingredients in the eggplant dip, I was very intrigued, because it sounds like a Russian name of a poisonous mushroom. After googling it, I've decided to try making it. Manly, because i loved all the ingredients.
The key ingredients: grilled sweet red peppers, walnuts and garlic,
with addition of lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, salt and bulgur.
Here's what my Muhammara looked like.
Also, I decided to incorporate Tabbouleh in to my sandwich, which made from tomatoes, cucumbers and parsley.
Normally, it's a pain in a hat to chop, but with my new gadget it should be easy.
Tabbouleh, also contains lemon juice, salt and bulgur, which I've added in a final stage of preparation.
Now, once I've finished bottom and top part of my sandwich,
and I can start slicing my lamb roast.
The first layer in my "Levant' sandvich is "Muhammara",
the second is lamb roast and "Tabbouleh" salad is a third.
Here it is -- the Mother of all sandwiches! Bon appétit and hope to see you again!

No comments: