Saturday, April 22, 2017

"Doctor's" sandwich

For some strange reason, bologna in Soviet Union was called "Doctor's sausage". It was made from meat byproducts, with occasional addition of toilet paper, to replace weight of stolen meat. It's possible, that continuous consumption of this "delicacy", would unavoidably lead to visiting a doctor, therefore the name "Doctor's sausage". I'm pretty confident, that my beef bologna is a better quality, than one that was made in the USSR.
As always, my sandwich was made on toasted 9-grain ciabatta bun, with horseradish Dijon as a base spread.
I've also used my favorite sour pickles, that taste similar to ones sold in motherland.
Topped everything with fresh tomatoes and a spicy horseradish mayo.
Here is a final result. Bon appétit! Hope to see you again. Also, would be very happy to receive your feedback or advice about my culinary creations.

No comments: